Saturday, January 08, 2011

Obama Flip Flops and Reconsiders Mexican Trucking Pilot Program

I remember when the Teamsters (and just about every other union in the United States) hit the streets to organize for Obama. We were phone banking, knocking on doors, talking to everyone we could. I ended up going to labor council meetings, large locals and even a Labor Day Parade to endlessly preach the need for Obama; that Obama was what Labor needed.

Though I personally believe we need a third party in the United States, I rallied behind Obama. I rallied for Obama because he made promises, among many others, to kill a Mexican trucking program that was born out of NAFTA. It appears now that the Obama forgot that Labor worked day and night for him because he is now ready to get that pilot program up and running again. Read the full story at Union Review....

No comments: