Monday, June 03, 2013

YRC Freight's Don Robinson named Ohio Driver of Year

Don Robinson of our Cleveland terminal and a member of the inaugural YRC Freight Driver Hall of Fame last month was named 2012 Driver of the Year by the Ohio Trucking Association (OTA).

Don was chosen for the prestigious award from among 11 other individuals selected as OTA drivers of the month based on their high standards of professionalism and exemplary safety records.

Don has driven 3.7 million accident- and citation-free miles and joins a group of 31 drivers who have been named Driver of the Year by the association each year since 1981.

Don said there were no secrets to success as a professional driver and it was a waste of time to look for them. Success, he said, is simply the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty to the people you work for and persistence.

"Start each and every day with a positive attitude about life," he said. "At work, I present myself in a professional manner by being polite and friendly at all times. Before I leave on a trip, I focus my thoughts on highway safety.

"I have gotten my proper rest, done a thorough pre-trip inspection of the entire unit, as well as the paperwork involved, to make sure everything is working and in proper order. I believe safety is not just a word. It is a way to live and drive. Being courteous and polite at all times will help keep the roads and highways safe and, in turn, has made me a safer driver."

No comments: